It’s no less than a nightmare to notice your first grey hair strand peeking through a bunch of blacks or browns. With increasing stress and an overall unhealthy lifestyle, premature greying is a common condition in men and women alike. While opting for chemical colouring and dyeing may appear as a quick fix to this, the adverse effects of these treatments only lead to further greying.
What you need is home remedies to retard the greying of your precious lock. So, if you’re wondering how to prevent premature greying of hair the right way, read on:
1. A healthy, nutritious diet: Premature greying occurs due to lack of melanin in your hair strands. Therefore, increase your intake of foods rich in vitamin B, iron, copper, and iodine that boost hair health, and retard the process of greying.
2. Coconut oil and Indian Gooseberry (Amla) massage: Indian gooseberry is rich in Vitamin C and anti-oxidants, and works beyond reducing grey hair. Apply a concoction of coconut oil and gooseberry powder/juice on your scalp and leave it overnight. Wash it out the next morning, and repeat the procedure every three days for noticeable results.
3. Black tea massage: Containing copious amounts of anti-oxidants and caffeine, black tea proves to be an excellent option to reverse hair greying. All you need to do is, boil two tablespoons of black tea in a pan with some salt water, and wash your hair strands with it. For best results, repeat the process 2 to 3 times per week.
Other solutions on how to get rid of grey hair
1. Reduce stress: The first sign of premature greying is increased stress, and so, you must keep your stress levels in check in order to not aggravate the situation any further.
2. Stop smoking: Did you know, those who smoke regularly stand a chance of getting grey hair four times higher than non-smokers? If you have been smoking regularly, maybe, it’s time you reconsidered, and gave up on this habit for good.
3. Check your thyroid levels: People who’re suffering from any kind of thyroid malfunctions are more likely to witness premature greying. Bring your thyroid levels under control to get rid of grey hair.
4. Quit harsh shampoos and perfumed oils: Both products contain harsh chemicals that, although may feel great upon application, are likely to wreak havoc on your greying hair. Switch to fragrance-free oils and mild/organic shampoos to better your condition of hair greying.
Give the afore-mentioned tips a try, and see if you’re getting the results you expected. If you haven’t, consult a hair specialist and get to the root of the problem.
There are plenty of tips for healthy hair growth out there, but hair masks as are by far the most effective. it is also important to choose the right ingredients for your hair type. so, here’s a helpful chart with diy hair masks for your hair type.
If you’ve noticed severe hair fall in the past few months, or are looking for beard growth supplements to promote a healthy-looking facial appearance, the following list of vitamins is a must-check out.
Treat your hair to a good dose of moisture this winter with our list of best hair care tips and ingredients for the season.
Here is a list of effective ingredients and chemically damaged hair treatment products that repair and nourish your tresses.