Your skin speaks volumes about you. From changes in your nutritional status to fluctuations in your stress levels, whatever your body experiences shows clearly on your skin. You probably come across people who look fresh as dew drops anytime in the day and it most likely makes you wonder how they manage to do it. Here are a few tips that will help you keep the freshness on, making your skin exude confidence!
1. Identifying your skin type: First, identify your skin type and choose your products accordingly. Be it cleansers, lotions or moisturizers, each product acts differently depending on your skin type. Just because it works for a friend, it might not necessarily work for you. So be careful while choosing the product.
2. Cleansing: Cleansing is very important from time to time. Make sure you use a good cleanser according to your skin type and cleanse your face with it thrice a day followed by patting it dry. It will rinse out all the dirt and bacteria from the skin and prevent it from entering the pores. Regular cleansing prevents the formation of whiteheads and blackheads. 
3. Scrubbing: Scrubbing removes dead skin cells and promotes the growth of new skin. Scrubbing once a week for normal to oily skin and once in two days for normal to dry skin should be good enough. Do not overdo scrubbing as it could dry out your skin, which in turn could lead to breakouts.
4. Toning:Toning is essential to close your open pores and to even out the pH level of the skin on your face. This helps in preventing dirt from collecting and clogging the pores. As it restores the natural pH level of the skin, toning prepares it for hydration. Toning must be done after cleansing and should be followed by moisturizing.
5. Moisturising: Moisturizing your skin makes it soft and supple. It leaves your skin glowing and reduces the chances of developing wrinkles and lines. Dry skin ages faster and therefore you must make sure you are using a good moisturizer. Lipid repair moisturizers are the most effective in this case. Skin must be moisturized every time after cleansing and toning. 
6. Sunscreen: Make sure you apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you step out in the sun. Not only does it prevent uneven tan and burn, it also helps in preventing the harmful UVA/UVB rays from penetrating your skin.  Make sure the sunscreen you use has minimum SPF15 and if you are a regular at staying out in the sun, make sure your sunscreen is SPF30 and above. 
Topping up the above steps with a BB cream or make-up according to the occasion you choose certainly helps, but it is basically the routine described above that will ensure your skin stays radiant and exudes nothing but confidence!
 Cleansing without compromise: the impact of cleansers on the skin barrier and the technology of mild cleansing. - PubMed - NCBI . [ONLINE] Available at:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14728695. [Accessed 21 September 2015].
 CLEANSERS AND THEIR ROLE IN VARIOUS DERMATOLOGICAL DISORDERS. [ONLINE] Available at:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3088928/. [Accessed 21 September 2015].
 Sunscreens: are they beneficial for health? An overview of endocrine disrupting properties of UV-filters. - PubMed - NCBI . [ONLINE] Available at:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22612478. [Accessed 21 September 2015].