This Wedding Season, Flaunt Your Way To A Healthy Skin From These 5 Tips
- Skin & Hair Care Consultant
India is synonymous with festivities and togetherness, not to forget the elaborate big fat weddings. Each time the wedding season just round the corner, brides-to-be often make every effort to look perfect. And why not? The numerous ceremonies and get-togethers are a wonderful opportunity to be at your best and get noticed for your style and charisma. But, have you noticed how all the late nights, rich food and busy schedule often take a toll on your skin, leaving it appear dull and tired, not exactly, ‘wedding ready’?
Healthy, glowing skin is an asset in itself, and at the same time, can boost your confidence like nothing else. So, here are five pre-wedding tips for skin care for brides before marriage, and light up the wedding season:
1. Stock up on antioxidants: Vitamins C, A and E are skin nutrients that protect your skin from pre-mature ageing by repairing skin tissues. Anti-oxidants basically reduce the damage to skin caused by free radicals and ultra violet rays, and thus, should be a key part of the skin care regimen for the bride-to-be.
Sources: Citrus fruits, strawberries, carrots, green leafy vegetables and broccoli.
2. Include good fats in your diet: As part of you pre-wedding skin care routine, add good, skin-friendly fats such as omega 3 fatty acids in your diet to help maintain the suppleness of your skin. Omega 3 fats are also known to have anti-inflammatory properties .
Sources: Salmon, nuts, flaxseeds
3. Choose the right cleanser: At times, choosing the right cleanser for your skin type can be tricky. The right kind of cleanser should clean the skin of all dirt, grime and impurities without damaging or irritating it as well as keep the skin hydrated . Avoid soap-based cleansing agents if you have sensitive skin, and opt for lipid-based cleansers.
4. Sun protection is the key: Excessive sun exposure can lead to darkening, early ageing and even skin cancer. Come rain come storm, it is important to habitually use a sunscreen with at least an SPF of 20. A good sunscreen keeps your skin looking younger and fresher, which is exactly what a bride-to-be needs, right?
5. Moisturise well: Skin which is inadequately moisturised is more prone to wrinkles and fine lines. Application of a moisturizer can immediately reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines by 15-20 percent. Retinoid containing formulations have been found to be extremely effective for the maintenance of youthful skin.
Apart from this, a protein-rich diet along with adequate fluid intake is highly beneficial to finally get that radiance you’ve always desired. So, this wedding season, bid goodbye to dull, tired-looking skin and welcome a healthy, glowing complexion.