- Skin & Hair Care Consultant
Worried about how your skin looks and feels? Has acne and its scars played a havoc on your skin? Acne scars can be extremely annoying and it takes a lot of patience to treat them. Listed below are 6 effective skin care tips
suggested by leading dermatologists to deal with pesky acne scars. You are welcome!
1) A good regimen- The first step towards a clearer skin is to put a good skin care regimen in place. Start with cleansing your face with a good cleanser containing salicylic acid followed by a toner and then finally a non-greasy moisturizer.
2) Curb the urge to poke the zit- This is the main cause of most acne scars. When you poke a zit it not only spreads the infection leading to more pimples but also leaves a spotty aftermath. In worse cases it can also lead to atrophic scars or deep sunken scars.
3) Vitamin C- Make Oranges your best friend! Oranges are rich in vitamin C and play a major role in healing the skin. Make sure that you ingest considerable amount of oranges and other rich natural sources of Vitamin C. Also, topical application of Vitamin C serum or/and creams can be extremely effective on fresh and mild scars.
If you have acne scars
that appear red or pink then spot treatments are your best bet. Most effective spot-treatments contain concentrated salicylic acid. It will not only unclog the pores but will also calm the redness and help the scars fade faster.
5) Alpha-hydroxy acids- Alpha hydroxy acids are extremely effective on mild acne scars. It gently sloughs away dead skin cells and eventually evens out the skin tone. Make sure you use only 5% of Alpha hydroxy acid.
6) Aloe Vera and Turmeric- Aloe Vera and Turmeric are known for their healing and cooling properties. While Turmeric works as a great antiseptic healing existing acne, Aloe calms the skin and helps lighten its stubborn scars.