- Skin & Hair Care Consultant
Monsoon brings with it so much joy and freshness but for many, it also is the season for countless hair woes. Itchy scalp, frizziness, hair dullness and hair loss
, are few of the many hair troubles that most people face. While you can’t do much about the weather, you can definitely do something to “monsoon-proof” your mane!
Here we list out 4 do’s and don’ts that will help you achieve healthy and gorgeous hair.
1) Wash your hair with a mild shampoo- Make sure that you keep your scalp clean! Use a mild shampoo and follow it up with a good conditioner. Do this on alternate days!
2) Oil your hair-
Incorporate regular scalp massages in your hair care regimen
. It will not only help nourish your hair but will also promote blood circulation. Coconut, Jojoba, Almond and jasmine are few popular hair oils, perfect for all hair types.
3) Drink plenty of water- Unlike the summers, you seldom tend to feel thirsty during the monsoon season. However, you must keep yourself well hydrated. Consume at least 8-13 glasses of water. You can also have coconut water, fresh fruit juices and vegetable smoothies.
4) Consume more proteins- This monsoon season add more protein-rich food into your diet. It will reduce hair loss and dullness.
1) Use too many hair products- Avoid using too many hair products as they may irritate your scalp.
2) Heat styling tools- Avoid using blow dryers and flat irons to style your hair. It’ll be seconds until the moisture in the air gets into your hair making it all the more dry!
3) Hair Treatments- Try to curb the urge of getting your hair chemically treated during the monsoon season! It may not give you the desired results and may worsen the quality of your hair.
4) Leave your hair loose- During the monsoons, one must avoid leaving their hair loose. Try a sleek pony tail or simply braid your mane and accessorize!
Incorporate the above mentioned do’s and don’ts in your hair care
regimen and enjoy the beautiful season of monsoon without worrying about your mane.