Stress-Related Hair Loss Conditions & How To Control Them | Skin and Hair Academy
- Skin & Hair Care Consultant
It is a fact well known that stress has a direct impact on our health condition. However, did you know that stress is also one of the most common reasons for hair fall? While stress and hair loss aren’t always connected, the following are some clear conditions of hair fall due to stress:
2. Trichotillomania: Trichotillomania is a hair loss condition that is a caused by a stress-based compulsive behaviour in which the person pulls out clumps of hair without realizing it.
3. Telogen Effluvium: In this condition, the hairs on the scalp prepare to fall out in large chunks.
The good news is that there are many ways in which you can control and treat hair fall that is caused by stress. Experts suggest that the best hair fall solution and hair care tips in these conditions are to reduce the stress levels, eat a healthy protein-based diet and follow some simple home remedies for Telogen Effluvium cure and other hair fall conditions.
- Increase the intake of protein in your diet
- Increase the intake of the B Vitamins in your diet
- Get adequate and restful sleep every night
- Incorporate physical exercise into your daily routine
- Relax and unwind with techniques such as yoga and meditation
- Reduce the consumption of excessively salty, sugary and processed foods
- Use a gentle, chemical-free shampoo and conditioner
- Comb your hair regularly to stimulate the follicles
- Use natural oils to massage the scalp and promote hair regrowth
The key to combating stress-related hair loss conditions is to identify the root cause and to make a number of requisite dietary and lifestyle changes. It’s important to keep in mind that hair regrowth is a slow process, so you must remain patient until you see results.
 Alopecia Areata : http://www.americanhairloss.org/types_of_hair_loss/alopecia_areata.asp