- Skin & Hair Care Consultant
As winter arrives, the skin needs an extra dose of moisture to maintain its suppleness. And nothing works better than hyaluronic acid to give your skin the right amount of moisture.
So, what is this ? It is a natural substance present in the human body and occurs in high concentrations in specific body locations such as bones and cartilage, tendons and ligaments, hair follicles, lips, eyes, skin and more. It serves a different function in each location. A major component in the skin tissue, Hyaluronic acid, provides continuous moisture to the skin by binding up to 1000 times its weight in water.
The acid is used as a component in various skin care products such as creams, serums, lotions, injectables and hyaluronic acid supplements. Read on to find out why hyaluronic acid is increasingly used in skin care products.
- - It lubricates connective tissue and maintains the moisture and elasticity of the skin
- - It keeps the skin wrinkle-free as it acts as a space filler by binding to water, making the skin look younger
- - It helps improve skin tone and makes it look smooth as well as supple
- - It protects the skin from UVB rays that cause inflammation
- - Any skin type can benefit from using hyaluronic acid
- - It does not react with acne medications, anti-ageing or sunscreens, making it easier to include into your daily skincare
Hyaluronic acid based products are considered safe when applied to the skin physically or injected. There are rare side effects involved in using hyaluronic acid.