Remove that Stubborn Tan & Pigmentation using Laser Therapy
Stubborn tans are caused by damage due to sun exposure over the years and can be difficult to remove. Both pigmentation and stubborn tanning can be removed using laser therapy for fast and effective outcome.
Laser therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses light to repair and regenerate damaged skin cells. Laser tan removal involves exposing the damaged skin to laser light and the procedure eliminates the need for medication and almost always has immediate results.
The benefits that laser therapy entails are many. Laser treatment for pigmentation and tan removal, improves the healing response of skin, it improves immune response along with promotion of collagen for skin cell production. It also increases the blood circulation in the treatment area and reduces inflammation too.
Laser therapy works by removing the damaged skin cells and inducing the skin to produce fresh and healthy skin cells eventually improving the aesthetic appeal of your skin.
How laser therapy is carried out
Laser treatment for tan removal uses a low level red laser that is applied to the area of sun damaged skin. The light penetrates to up to three inches into the skin. This promotes the growth of new skin cells along with increased production of collagen, enzymes and cell growth. Laser therapy also prevents scar tissue from forming with increased collagen levels in the skin.
How to prepare for laser therapy
Before laser treatment, your dermatologist will review your medical history and determine if you are a suitable candidate for the therapy. It is important that you discuss expectations, risks and outcomes of the procedure at this stage. It is also necessary to take certain precautions before treatment:
1. Avoid sun exposure as much as you can. Take maximum care to protect your skin if you have to step out into the sun
2. Avoid tanning beds, waxing, chemical peels before the treatment
3. Avoid perfumes, deodorants and any other possible skin irritants before and after the treatment.
What to expect after the procedure
You could expect significant changes from immediately to up to several weeks after the procedure. Other effects include:
1. Redness of the treated area for four to eight hours after the procedure
2. Slight stinging sensation that subsides within four to eight hours. Ice packs may help reduce any discomfort.
3. Mild swelling in the treated area for up to a couple of days
You should also avoid the following after the procedure:
1. Avoid applying makeup, lotions or any cosmetics to the treated area till your doctor gives you a go-ahead to do so
2. Strictly adhere to your doctor’s follow up routine
Laser treatments are safe when performed by a qualified dermatologist. However, the procedure comes with certain risks like pain, swelling, bleeding, infection, scarring or crusting. These are normal side effects of the treatment, however, if you experience too much of any of the symptoms mentioned you should call your doctor immediately.
Laser treatments are very effective for tanning and pigmentation & can get you fast results. Before signing up for treatments, consult with a qualified dermatologist and ask to see before and after pictures of previous patients. Make sure you are both on the same page when it comes to the results of the treatment.